Friday, February 27, 2009

Getting Into the Groove - My First Months at NCCU by Titania Fisher....


Getting Into The Grove of Things:

Okay, so it’s been over a month now that I’ve been attending NCCU. Wow! Where did the time go?

It seems like it was just yesterday when I was driving around in circles looking for a parking space and praying I wouldn’t be late for my first class. Now as I sit in my office studying for midterms, I realize that we’re half way through this semester.

My first semester at NCCU has been a rocky one. Just when I thought I had my home life, school, and work down to a science, I received a email from my advisor stating I would have to meet with her once a week, go to two Lyceum programs, and write two reports. OMG! And I still have to do my community service hours!

Where am I going to find the time to do all of this and still keep up with my homework assignments? This means, I would have to live, sleep and eat NCCU. I must also give up Spring Break to complete the rest of my community service hours and write Lyceum papers. I can easily get discouraged from all of this, but instead, I draw the good out of it and use it as a stepping stone to get to the next level of achieving my goal.

No comments: