Thursday, April 30, 2009

End of the Semester Reflection.....by LaTeisha Harris


Name: LaTeisha Harris

Hometown: New Rochelle, NY

Current Place of Residence: Charlotte, NC

Major: Business Administration, concentration in finance

My name is LaTeisha Harris, and I am a current freshman at North Carolina Central University (NCCU). To pass my time I like to shop, travel, workout, and spend time with my family. When I chose to attend NCCU I thought mainly about the learning environment. I felt that since NCCU did not have large classroom and the teachers could concentrate on the students more than at a larger campus. Now that the academic year is over, I see that NCCU was a good choice for me. However, now that the semester is over, I do see some bits and pieces that I could have changed.

There are also a lot of things that I would tell incoming freshmen about college life. Some things that I would tell all incoming freshmen are to get involved with the different activities that are here on campus. Getting involved opens more opportunities and it increase your networking skills. When you attend and join different activities on or off campus, you meet people for different places, and you can learn more about their surroundings. One of the many events that I enjoyed this school year was Spring Fling Week. During Spring Fling Week there are a large number of activities that allow you to interact with this campus. NCCU has a lot of fun things to offer even by the time that activity is over, you will see much knowledge and fun you have.

Overall my experience at NCCU has been good. The main thing that I had to focus on was to find study habits that work for me and what activities fit into my life. My semester went by fast and the classes I had were not too difficult. Second semester was much harder than first semester, and at one point I though could not make it. But once I started to concentrate and managed my time better, every thing worked out fine.


College is the beginning of your new life. As long as you do not give up, anything is possible.


No comments: