Monday, December 1, 2008

Advice from Sophomore, Audrey Barbee....


Name: Audrey Dionna Barbee

Hometown: Durham, NC

Favorite Candy: Jolly Rancher Hard Candy

Reason she attended NCCU: I chose to attend NCCU because it was close to home and I love the marching band. It also provided me with a lot of opportunities with research and programs within my major.


One thing she wishes she knew as a freshman:
One thing I wish I knew before coming to NCCU was where I could get stuff done at. For example, the Eagle Card Office being in the Biology building instead of somewhere like the Student Union or the Hoey building. I would have just liked to know where I could go and get things done.

A Bit of Advice from Audrey to NCCU Freshmen:

"Hello All!
I'm Audrey Barbee and I am a sophomore Biology Major. I'm involved in a lot of things on campus, including being an Alto Saxophonist in the Marching and Symphonic band, and a member of Student Government Association, Pre professional Health Society, Health Careers Club, Phi Eta Sigma, and Golden Key National Honor Society.

Some pieces of advice about school is that it's SO easy to get focused on things other than your school work. Just keep your eyes on the prize. Get involved on campus because that's what schools look for if you want another degree, but get a feel for college first. Keep track of all things; meetings, homework assignments, projects, study time, they are very important! You ALWAYS must remember what you are in college for.

The residence halls can be really fun because you make a lot of friends and you get to share the hallway, a common shower, bathroom, and a room! It may not seem so fun when you are in the moment, but when you look back at it, those are the memories you remember and love so much. Enjoy your college experience and do your best!"

Audrey Barbee
Sophomore Biology Major
Class of 2011


Go back to the NCCU Orientation and First Year Experience page.


No comments: