Monday, December 29, 2008

Special Message to the spring 2009 incoming class - Advice from NCCU freshman, Jessica Williams!


Name: Jessica Williams

Hometown: Tarboro, NC

Favorite candy: Snickers

Reason for attending NCCU: I attended NCCU because it was one of the schools that had my major, it was close to home, and it was a lot cheaper than other schools

One thing I wish I knew as a freshman: I wish I knew about the many activities that you could get involved in.

Advice to Incoming Freshmen:

HEY, FUTURE EAGLES! My name is Jessica Williams and I am a sophomore at NCCU majoring in Athletic Training. As of right now I am only part of the Physical Education and Recreational Majors Association (PERMA) but I am planning to join many other organizations

My advice to freshman is don’t get sidetracked by other things. It is so easy to forget the real reason you came to college. I had to learn from experience. My first semester here I thought college was just a place to get away from home and have fun. College is indeed fun but I lost track of what college was for and that showed up in my grades. Right now my main focus is to get my GPA up since I started off on the wrong foot.

My second piece of advice would be to attend the Orientation. The orientation was very helpful and you also meet new people and get a chance to feel for campus life. They showed me what buildings all my classes would be in and they give you a tour of the University. I hope you enjoy your college experience, and remember to GET INVOLVED!!

Return to the NCCU Orientation and First Year Experience page by clicking here.

No comments: