Monday, January 26, 2009

Meet NCCU Freshman, Karrehl Moore....

Name: Karrehl Moore

Hometown: Queens, New York

Favorite Candy: Don't eat candy... sorry.

Why did you choose NCCU? Long answer....I'll cover it below!

Why did I choose NCCU? For one, the majority of my family lives in North Carolina, and I anticipated in coming back down here after being in New York since halfway through my 6th grade year. I enjoy not only just being in North Carolina but also having a second home that is no more than 15 to 20 minutes away (depending on how fast you drive) - my Grandma's house. This is where I am now starting to declare my residency.

What I Wish I Knew Before Starting College: I really wish I knew what a set back it would be for me if I were to do what those "party people" do every day for even just 2 weeks. Coming into college I really had no intentions of going to parties, clubs, and hanging out all day, knowing what happens to the average college student if he or she were to do that non-stop. Yet like most freshman I was a step behind in my work due to my late night hangouts.

By the time I realized my downfall I was really too late to make up for the time I have missed. Thus I have had many struggles getting through the first semester. My GPA was nowhere close to what I had originally anticipated, but I guess I must accept it and learn from what I have done wrong. My new motive is to do all of my work as soon as I get it (ASAIGI).


Return to the NCCU Orientation and First Year Experience page by clicking here.

No comments: