Friday, January 30, 2009

Special Message from Sophomore, Kimisha Falls....

Name: Kimisha Falls

Hometown: Charlotte, NC

Favorite Candy: Twix

Why Did I Choose NCCU? Good Business School

What I Wish I Knew Before Attending NCCU: I wish I would have known more about the school as a whole and what to really expect

Hello, New Eagles!!! My name Kimisha Falls, and I'm sophomore a Accounting Major. One of the wonderful ways I got involved around campus was joining the LEAD Conference Delegation this year. This conference bring students together from all around the state to help them become better leaders.

This is my first year attending the LEAD Conference which will be held on Februray 21, 2009 at Meredith College. Words can't really explain how I feel because it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm very excited about attending the conference as well as nervous because I never had to speak in front of more the 20 people before...and our group is presenting a program called "In Living Color: Appreciate and Synergize." It's all about diversity and how it applies to leadership roles.

Attending the LEAD Conference is going to be life changing. I know as a group we will do great during our presentation. We may even get lucky enough to host the Lead Conference here at NCCU in 2010.
Return to the Orientation and First Year Experience page by clicking here.

No comments: