Friday, February 20, 2009

Advice for Freshmen from Tatania Fisher.....


NAME: Titania Fisher

HOMETOWN: Stamford, Connecticut

FAVORITE CANDY: None, but my favorite color is purple :-)

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE NCCU: Because NCCU has an excellent Law Department


A Little About Me:

My name is Titania Fisher. I was born and raised in Stamford, Connecticut. I like reading, shopping, traveling, and spending time with my family. I’m a first semester transfer student at NCCU. I have and Associate Degree in Criminal Justice, and while attend NCCU, my major will be Criminal Justice with a minor of Psychology.

During my first semester at NCCU I've felt overwhelmed by trying to juggle working full-time and going to school. I learned very soon that I would have to put my social life on the back burner. I realized that going back to college wasn’t as easy as I thought it was going to be. If I wanted to pass all my classes I would have to hit the books hard. I would have to stay focused and develop a routine, which would allow me to stay positive and not give up.

My life in general - Going back to school has made me feel better about myself, and I’ve met a lot of new people from all walks of life. My life is not too affected by my school work because I’m new to the area, and I don’t know that many people. So, I just focus on work and school.

One thing I wish I knew before starting college:
That I would have to fit community service into my already-busy schedule. (Community service hours are a requirement for NCCU student to complete each semester)

A few suggestions to prospective students:
Stay focused, manage you time, and ask questions!!!!

No comments: